Cranberry Almond Pumpkin Pie
Cranberry-Orange Almond Crunch Pumpkin Pie
With the holiday season fast approaching, many of us enjoy the comfort of a pumpkin pie, but are looking for a way to give it fresh appeal at the same time. This updated version may be just what you’re looking for!
- 1 15 - ounce can pumpkin
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup evaporated fat-free milk
- Cranberry-Orange Almond Crunch (See recipe below.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 1-1/2-quart souffle dish, 8-inch springform pan, or 8 4-ounce ramekins; set aside. For filling, in a medium bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar, honey, and pie spice. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat lightly with a fork just until combined. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Pour into prepared dish, pan, or ramekins. If using a springform pan, place on a foil-lined baking sheet. If using ramekins, place in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes for dish or pan or 30 to 35 minutes for ramekins or until center appears set when gently shaken. Cool 1 hour on a wire rack. Cover and chill at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours before serving.
- To serve, top with Cranberry-Orange Almond Crunch. If using a springform pan, loosen pumpkin from sides of pan by running a thin metal spatula around the edge. Remove sides of pan. Cut into wedges to serve. If using souffle dish, spoon pumpkin out of the dish onto serving plates.
Cranberry-Orange Almond Crunch:
1/2 cup lightly sweetened toasted oat bran cereal flakes with oat clusters
1/3 cup coarsely chopped almonds, toasted
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
Directions - In a small bowl combine lightly sweetened toasted oat bran cereal flakes with oat clusters; coarsely chopped almonds, toasted; dried cranberries; and finely shredded orange peel. (This makes a great snack mix or breakfast cereal: make extra of the mixture and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.)
Makes 8 servings
Per Serving: 141 cal., 2 g fat, 27 g carbohydrate, 5 g protein, 3 g fiber, 76 mg sodium.