Share facts, not fear. What you need to know about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Read More >>
Toggle Bar

Voter Services

You must submit an application to the County Clerk's Election Division. These applications are available at the County Clerk's Election Division, at your local municipal clerk's office, or you may download and print the vote-by-mail application.

Once your Application has been approved by the county clerk's office, and the ballot has been mailed out to you, you will not be permitted to vote at your polling location for that election. More information

If you are a U.S. citizen living overseas, either temporarily or indefinitely, you can still vote. You will need to fill out and send us a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) . In section 1 of this form, you must indicate if you are residing outside of the U.S. temporarily or indefinitely. This application must be renewed every year, in January. Federal Voting Assistance Program

If you are unable to sign your name the way it appears in the voter registry, you may indicate your mark, such as an X, in Section 8 of the application. Place this mark on the line provided for your signature. Your name must be printed next to the mark. Any person assisting you with the application must fill in the box and sign his or her name as an assister.

You may submit a military vote-by-mail application for any election if you are a registered voter in Bergen County and are any of the following:

  • An active member of the armed forces
  • A spouse or dependent of a member of the armed forces
  • A patient in a veteran's hospital
  • A civilian attached to or in service with the armed forces out of state, or a spouse or dependent residing with or accompanying that person.

You can also obtain a Federal and/or military vote-by-mail application from the Bergen County Clerk's office, your local municipal clerk's office, from the proper military personnel, or from the Federal Voting Assistance Program's website. The Application is only valid for 1 year and must be renewed every year. You will receive a mail-in ballot for each election held in your municipality during that year.